Saturday, July 25, 2009

1.

*zzzzzzzzz* my phone was vibrating underneath my pillow one monday morning. it was the summer of 2007, this is our last summer as high school students, because 2008, we would have graduated and been high school graduates. exciting yeah?

So back to my phone, it was vibrating and would NOT STOP. it refused to leave me alone while i was dreaming about rainbows or something. i looked at it and of course, it was mariam. hal bent mu bes 7ana when she wants to be. so i picked up

"HA?!"
"NOORO YAL SLEEPYHEAD WAKE UP IM COMING TO PICK U UP WERE GOING OUT!"
and she shut the phone in my face.
most of our conversations were like that. she screamed, i listened. i screamed, she listened. so we had a mutual understanding of each other. haha.

so i got up, showered, blow-dried my hair and stared at my closet. i didnt even know where we were going or what we were going to do so i decided to play it safe and dress in a somewhat casual/fancy way. i took out my white juicy dress, gold juicy flats, and grabbed my classic channel bag. i left my hair down and wore my diamond studs that i never left the house without.

the second i finished, which was like at 1, mariam called me to go downstairs. my parents were in london for a couple of weeks and my brother had been in the shaleh for the past week. so it was just me, rose and sheila, our two maids. i walked out of the house looking for mariam's driver's white escalade, when i saw her driving her mother's red porsche carrera. i freaked out.

apparently, her parents decided to join my parents in london, so she decided to steal the car and pick me up. of course, she knew how to drive since she was turning 18 in a couple of months, so i didnt say no. we got in the car and just started driving around.

an hour later, our stomachs started making funny noises, alarming us that we were starving, so we decided to head to chilies. it was so random because we never actually went and sat there. my brother never let me because apparently it was "full of 3agad". chena the rest of kuwait isnt ya3ni. haha.

we got to chilies and, to our luck, we were the only ones there! so we called rawan and told her to join us as well. while the three of us were ordering, mariam decided that it was safe for her to smoke since no one was there and no one would see her.

we were talking, mariam was smoking, and i was finishing up my diet coke when suddenly 5 really hot guys came into the restaurant and decided to sit at the table right next to us. they would not take their eyes off of us. of course we didnt give them the time of day, but it just felt awkward eating while guys stared us down.

rawan had to leave early, so me and mariam stayed and chilled for a bit longer, ordering dessert and more drinks. when, out of nowhere, one of the guys at the table turns around..

"excuse me, can i please borrow ur lighter?"
mariam was quite apathetic and just handed it to him without a word or smile and i had my head down the whole time.
"mashkoora but, um, can i please have a cigarette as well?"
this is when mariam started laughing hysterically and gave him a cigarette. i still didnt look up. so we paid our bill and decided to leave.

as we were getting into the car, mr hottie that took a cigarette followed us out. we got into the car and he stood at the door, opening it and refusing to shut it.
did i mention that mariam was the biggest pms-er in the world? meaning that her mood swings were out of this world?
well, yeah, she started crying, no actually, she started bawling. and his grip got tighter on the door, his face was turning red, and his nostrils were flaring.

honestly, it would be an understatement to say i was scared. what was he going to do to us? :O

2 comments: